Last Modified: June 10, 2022
Tulip Interfaces, Inc. (“Tulip”) is excited to allow for the creation of content on the Platform by or on behalf of its customers (“Customers”) and by its partners (such content creators are referred to in this Policy as “Developers” or “You”). This Tulip Developer Policy (this “Policy”) is intended to keep the Platform running safely and smoothly and sets out requirements for the creation and use of third party plugins, applications, and connectors to be integrated with the Platform on behalf of a User (“Content”).
This Policy may change from time to time. When Tulip makes changes to this Policy, Tulip will update the “Last updated” date at the beginning of this Policy. All changes will be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise stated.
“Platform” means: Tulip’s (a) websites (mobile or localized versions and related domains and subdomains); (b) software and services; and (c) hardware.
“Users” means: any Tulip customer and its employees and any other person or entity that is provided access to the Platform, directly or indirectly, by a customer.
“API Agreement” means Tulip’s API License Agreement, which is available at: https://tulip.co/legal/api-license-agreement/.
“AUP” means Tulip’s Acceptable Use Policy, which is available at: https://tulip.co/acceptable-use-policy/.
“TOS” means Tulip’s Terms of Service, which are available at: https://tulip.co/legal/terms-of-service/.
“Tulip’s Offering”: means the Platform and Tulip Library.
“Tulip Library” means the collection of applications, application templates, widgets, connectors, device drivers, node red flows, and machine learning models running on the Platform.
“Data” means data, information, or other content uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted, exposed, or otherwise made available through the Platform, including by Users when using Content.
1. Developer agrees to comply with this Policy, including without limitation, the API Agreement, AUP, Terms, and TOS, each of which is incorporated into this Policy by reference.
2. Developer understands and agrees that Tulip has no responsibility for confirming the security, compliance or effectiveness of any Content, nor will Tulip be responsible or liable to Developer, any Customer, any User or any third party in the event that any Content causes any harm or unwanted result for such Developer, Customer, User or third party.
3. Developer understands and agrees that Tulip has no responsibility for any unwanted Platform performance issues or results resulting in any way, directly or indirectly, from use of the Content.
4. In connection with your creation and use of the Content pursuant to this Policy, Tulip grants Developer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, non-sublicensable license, to access, and use the Offering. Tulip does not acquire ownership in your Content, and by using the Offering, you do not acquire ownership of any rights in the Offering or in our trademarks, products or services.
5. Developer understands and agrees that Tulip provides certain content created by Tulip or by third parties for use and display through Tulip’s Offering (such content is referred to herein as “Licensed Content”). Subject to your full compliance with this Policy, the Terms, the AUP, and the API Agreement, and, if applicable, timely payment of all applicable fees, Tulip hereby grants you, solely for use in connection with utilizing the Tulip Offering and only for as long as Tulip wishes to provide you with the Tulip Offering, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, fully revocable, limited license to use the Licensed Content. Please see the “Disclaimer” below.
7. Developer understands and agrees that (i) Tulip has an existing library of applications for the Tulip Offering and is continuously adding new applications, some of which may be similar to the Content or have the same functionality as the Content, and nothing in this Policy grants Developer ownership of any existing or future Tulip applications and (ii) Tulip and/or its partners may develop applications to post and/or for Tulip’s library of applications or as a service for other customers that are similar to, or which may have the same functionality as, the Content. Developer understands and agrees that in no way does Developer’s posting of Content confer exclusivity to Developer with respect to any application, functionality or field of use.
THE TULIP OFFERING AND ALL CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LICENSED CONTENT), MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOUR USE OF THE TULIP OFFERING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TULIP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE FUNCTIONALITY OR USEFULNESS OF THE TULIP OFFERING OR ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LICENSED CONTENT). TULIP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This Policy may not cover all types of Content, and there may be instances where your Content is not addressed by this Policy. We reserve the right to take any action or steps as we deem necessary if we believe your Content violates the terms or spirit of this Policy, or we feel that such action is necessary to preserve the integrity of our Platform or to protect Customers.
Violations of this Policy may result in your Content being blocked from connecting to the Platform. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy with or without notification to you.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. Data Protection.
We take Data Protection very seriously at Tulip and expect a high standard from Developers. We expect that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. As such we have the following guidelines for data protection and privacy standards:
You will not create Content which violates applicable data protection laws and regulations.
You will not create Content which enables Customers to circumvent or violate the API Agreement, Terms, TOS with a Customer, Developer Terms, Customer Data Processing Agreement (DPA), and/or AUP.
You will not create Content which enables Customers to circumvent or violate the terms or policies of other platforms, applications, integrations, or of any entity that has a relationship with the Customer.
You will not sell, rent, exploit, or distribute Customer Data without express consent from the Customer.
Your Content should not collect, store, and/or use personal data (meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person) without the consent of the data subject or a lawful basis to collect, store, or use such information.
If your Content stores the personal data for a Customer and the Customer requests for their data or content to be erased, you must erase their data and/or content.
If your Content stores the personal data for a Customer and the Customer modifies their data, you must either erase or update the data.
In the event Customer Data or the Platform is breached, compromised, or exploited by your Content, or by your organization, you must contact all affected Customers and Tulip immediately.
In addition to Data Protection, we take security very seriously. We expect the following of Developers:
You will enforce a form of authentication for your Content and will audit logins to secure your Content with the Platform.
You will securely handle any Customer credentials using industry-standard protocols.
You will not make any misleading and/or deceptive statements about your Content or its functionality, performance, origin, or data use.
You will not transmit any viruses or other code that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system or Customer Data.
You will not attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how in our APIs.
You will only ask Customers for permissions that your Content needs and will not ask for permissions beyond the scope of what is required for the operation of your Content.
C. Using Customer Data.
You will not collect, store, and/or use Customer Data without obtaining proper consent of the Customer, as determined by applicable law.
You will not ask Customers to provide sensitive, private, and confidential personal information, such as credit card numbers or passwords, unless such information is necessary as part of your Content’s legitimate function and purpose, and you will not enable Customer to store or process such information through the Platform.
You will not ask Customers to provide information that violates the TOS, Terms or AUP.
You will not create Content that encourages or allows Customers to circumvent or interfere with their own data privacy and security policies in a negative way.
You will not request or use scopes or permissions not required for your Content’s functionality.
D. Compliance with Laws.
We expect Developers to comply with applicable laws and regulations (in addition to data/privacy protection laws). As such we prohibit you or your Content from:
Spamming, harassing, stalking, intimidating, or threatening Customers or other Developers.
Allowing impersonation of Users or otherwise allowing for false representations within your Content.
Violating or Facilitating violations of any applicable laws or regulations.
Infringing on or violating anyone else's (including Tulip’s) trademark, copyright, patent, or other intellectual property rights.
Representing that your Content is authorized by or produced by another company or organization.
Allowing or facilitating financial transactions conducted in an insecure and unapproved manner.
E. User Experience.
Your Content should not degrade or compromise the performance or user experience of the Platform.
Your Content should not use vulgar or obscene language or images. Likewise, your Content should not contain or offer content that is violent, pornographic, extreme, or that a reasonable person would consider inappropriate.
You should provide appropriate customer assistance.
Every Content must include a link to technical instructions and customer support information, including a contact for customer support.
You must keep your Content updated and provide timely and accurate support to Customers.
Your Content must operate and function in accordance with the documentation you make available to Customers.
If requested, you must provide us with proof of compliance with this policy.
Failure to comply with this Policy may be considered a breach of this Policy, the AUP, the API Agreement, and/or the Terms. Violations of this Policy may result in your Content’s removal from our Platform, having your Content blocked, Customer notification, legal action or any other action deemed necessary solely by Tulip.
If you violate this Policy, we may or may not provide notice before taking action. Please note that we may periodically audit Content. If you fail an audit before notifying us of any issues, penalties will be more severe.