Jump to section
Tulip is developing new technologies to augment and enhance the manufacturing workforce.
Earlier this week, at Hannover Messe, we unveiled ‘Vision’, a computer vision capability that lets our users add computer vision capabilities to the manufacturing apps they build on our platform.
With Vision, manufacturers can now leverage powerful computer vision capabilities to increase operator productivity and reduce errors, rework, and scrap.
Like the rest of the Tulip platform, Vision is no-code. That is, it’s easy to configure and you don’t need to have a technical background in order to use it!
A different approach to computer vision
Unlike traditional machine vision systems used in manufacturing, Tulip’s is focused on the human on the shop floor.
By attaching an inexpensive off-the-shelf camera to an existing workstation, Tulip manufacturing apps can easily be built to error-proof and enhance operator capabilities.
Our technology is based on cutting edge computer vision research and includes supervised and unsupervised vision models that work out of the box.
For specialized objects and situations, you can easily supply training data and Tulip builds your vision model without you having to write a single line of code.
Furthermore, the algorithms powering Vision never stop improving – the more your team uses it, the better they will get.
A growing computer vision library
Vision is conceived as a library that grows over time in order to give our users access to the latest computer vision capabilities.
Among the use cases currently supported by Vision, you can:
- Define and track activities within regions of interest
- Identify gestures, hand placements, and operator motions
- Categorize operator actions and activities, as well as objects in your assembly
- Perform optical character recognition (OCR) to read serial numbers and other characters in your assembly process
- Scan barcodes and QR codes
- Guide operators and auto-advance work instructions to let your operators follow them without slowing down
- Detect and verify operator process completions
- Detect markers and track jigs to ensure tools are used the right way
Vision is available for selected Tulip customers. If you’d like to request more information, get in touch.