RF IDeas pcProx Plus is a dual frequency programmable card reader that provides the advantages of reading both proximity and contactless smart cards in one reader. This reader allows users to leverage their employee ID badges, or any 125 kHz or 13.56 MHz tags or labels, for other forms of secure authentication and identification throughout the workplace. As one of the most robust readers available today, the pcProx Plus is provided standard with four* card configurations (two are pre-set; two are user-definable) enabling an IT or security department to seamlessly integrate additional card types. Additionally, the user-adjustable beeper volume lets users set the volume low or off for quiet zones or adjust the beeper volume to high in noisy work environments. And, in certain industries such as manufacturing where machinery or other factors cause interference, the 13.56 MHz auto-tuning antenna ensures the best power transfer between the card and reader to optimize read range despite interference.
- Operating Frequency: Dual 125 kHz and 13.56 MHz
- Typical Maximum Read Range: 1.0” – 3.0” (2.5 – 7.6cm) dependent upon proximity card type and environmental conditions. Slightly diminished performance for certain card type as compared to the pcProx reader.
- Current Consumption: USB units: Typical 70 mA, maximum 100 mA; Serial units: Typical 75 mA, maximum 110 mA
- Dimensions (Desktop): 3.55 in x 2.05 in x 0.65 in (90.2mm x 52.1mm x 16.5mm)
- Weight (Desktop): 2.1 oz (desktop box only), 3.8 oz (with 6ft cable)
- Housing Color: Desktop — Black, Pearl; Surface Mount — Black, White; Hardware Integration Pocket — Jack Black
- Mounting Options: Surface mount housing can be easily mounted on panels, kiosks, and other indoor applications. It is designed for mounting with 1” #8 screws only (not included), at a maximum force of 6.25 in/lbs. The desktop reader has an articulated cable for easy placement on desktops, counters, and more. The IP67 compliant readers must be installed according to the installation guide (enclosed with all units).
- Cable Length: Desktop — 6 in, 16 in & 6 ft; Surface Mount — 13 in; Hardware Integration Pocket — Internal Mount is 2 ¾”, External Mount is 6’. (Custom Lengths Available. Call our Sales department at (866) 439-4884)
- Indicators: Tri-state LED, dual tone beeper
- Power Supply: USB Self-powered; PoE; Serial RS-232: several power options exist
- Interface: USB, Serial RS-232, Ethernet
- Operating Temperature Range: -22° to 150°F (-30° to 65°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
- Certifications: FCC, United States; CE Mark, Europe; RCM, Australia; IC, Industry Canada. Environment: RoHS, REACH. Please call RF IDeas for information about other certifications.
- Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects