We are gearing up to bring you a Long-Term Support release of Tulip in the coming weeks, but for now, here are some of the new things in our production release 194!
- New functions in the expression editor: More ways to manipulate integers and text
- New ways to edit arrays: Streamline your workflow with new array functions
- iOS Support in Safari: The Tulip Player should now run smoothly in the Safari browser on iOS and iPadOS.
- New Beta features, coming soon! New widgets, and more features
Using the expression editor in Tulip allows you to unlock even more capabilities in your apps. We are continuously adding functions to make the editor more powerful. Here are some of the new ones:
- PARSETOTEXT: This function converts anything into text.
- USER ID TO USER: converts integers to a user in Tulip.
- SECONDS TO INTERVAL: function converts seconds to an interval. If you had an integer value of 20 as an example, this function would return the interval of 0:00:20.
If you want to explore the full list of functions available, we have a great list.
Manipulate Arrays how you want
Similar to functions, we have plenty of ways that you can edit Arrays in Tulip to build apps exactly how you need them built. We’ve added new ways to create and manipulate arrays:
- Add after index
- Remove and store elements at index in an array
- Swap elements in Array
Available array options
Coming to Beta
Before letting you know what is coming to Beta, we should probably let you know that release 194 brings iOS and iPadOS support out of beta! Enjoy using Tulip on even more devices. Now for some of the new beta features:
- A History Widget allowing you to build an audit log in tables is coming with the upcoming LTS4 release.
- OAuth support is coming to connectors.
- App Builder Preview/Dev Mode to streamline the process of testing your applications.
A screenshot of the App Builder Preview
We are excited to share more details soon about our latest Beta features!
These features and more are available to Tulip users in release 194 and above. To learn more about other additions and fixes with the most recent releases of Tulip, visit our community site for release notes, and our support site for resources. Want to learn more about a specific product feature? Reach out with questions.